Product Review: Maybelline Intense XXL Volume + Length Waterproof Microfiber Mascara
1. This mascara is very dry. Even on the first use, it was so dry that it was hard to sweep on my lashes and just seemed to stick to them instead of gliding on. That made the application a real pain.
2. Another thing that made application annoying is the microfiber basecoat. Normally, I don't mind an extra step, but I do like it to do something, and this just didn't. So it's extra work, without any payoff.
3. This mascara barely had any effect on my lashes whatsoever, besides darkening them a little bit. It didn't produce any noticeable volume, and maybe just the slightest bit of length. Really almost useless. I might as well use water on my lashes. It would be much more dramatic.
4. Perhaps it's the microfiber, but it seemed to flake off a lot and get into my eyes, irritating them, even though they are not usually that sensitive.
5. Even with a combination of gentle cleanser and makeup remover, it wouldn't come off. This may be a plus if you are looking for a truly waterproof mascara, as this seems to score in that regard. I didn't have a special oil-based makeup remover handy to remove this mascara, and that might have worked, but I've read similar complaints elsewhere.
Why try this when you can buy the classic Great Lash or L'Oreal Voluminous? I can't think of a single good reason.